Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mission: Nutrition

So tonight was Mission: Nutrition here at the museum. Every third Thursday of the month we have a free night where we talk about nutrition and eat a little free food....It doesn't have a lot to do with the space station exactly but it did get me thinking- One of the main questions kids seem to have about the space station is WHAT DO THEY EAT UP THERE?

I guess it's natural to think about food. Especially in a situation where it could potentially be scarce. The idea of cooking and how they prepare food in space is particularly fascinating to me.

Here's a link to another blog that has more authority on the subject than me.
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/station/crew/exp7/luletters/lu_letter3.html


Ed Lu helped build the space station but has since retired from being an astronaut to work at Google (poor guy!). His post is from the earlier days of the space station although I think a lot of it still applies today.

No comments:

Post a Comment